TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a TV box connected to my TV. My supplier said I

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a TV box connected to my TV. My supplier said I should Ask you. I have the message: no signal..

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Samsung BN6803297D-01 . I have sattellite internet, functioning, I have checked the cabels, I have rebooted the rooter, TV box etc.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. And the Apple TV box

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

IT started on Thursday night. Normal the night before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Okay so you have a Cable/Satellite box, as well as an Apple TV box connected to the TV (both using HDMI cables I presume?). So you then use the Samsung remote's SOURCE button to select HDMI 1 HDMI 2, etc. respectively. Are you saying you're doing that and both HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 say No Signal? If not, then please explain exactly what you've done and where you're getting stuck.

Hello?

Booth uting HDMI cables. Yes, I USE the remote source button to choose. HDMI2: no signal, HDMI3; just the small sign in top lest of the screen.

So how about HDMI 1 if you select that- still No Signal?

call me: 00351###-##-####

No I'm unavailable by phone.

A phone call isn't going to help fix the HDMI ports if they're not working. This indicates a hardware failure in the TV's mainboard and requires repairs. How long have you owned the set for?

OK, I got the question if I wanted a call!!

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

I have tried all the HDMI channels.

This indicates a hardware failure in the TV's mainboard and requires repairs. How long have you owned the set for?

I think We have had the about 5-6 years
Aric, I understand!!

Okay, there are no pushbutton fixes for the HDMI ports not working, it's a common failure in these sets after only a few short years. The Mainboard is the board that houses the HDMI and AV connections. If you wanted to repair the set yourself, then you would pull the part number off of the board (the back of the TV needs to be removed to access it), and then search local TV repair shops for a replacement part. Alternatively a shop will charge close to 1/2 of what the TV cost when new to replace the Mainboard, which may or may not be cost effective. Other than that I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

you say that you are most certain that this is the problem here, and the smartest think to do is to but a new TV? But why is the Apple TV functioning

I asked you earlier if the Apple TV was functioning and you said no. So it is? Well then that changes things. So what exactly IS NOT functioning the cable box??

No, I have said that the Apple box is OK. I explained in my first text, the problem is to my TV box, sattellite internet connected!
TV Technician: rwhill1, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service

Can you provide the make / model of the boxes which are NOT working please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Rich,
If you have gone through my written story, and the follow up conversation with Aric, you will see that the problem is the message; ‘No signal, etc. ‘. I have no idea which box is not working. That is why I want hjelp from you, via 24visions.
rwhill1
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service