TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I live in Florida. Every since Irma took down our

Customer Question
I live in Florida...

I live in Florida. Every since Irma took down our electricity, my Toshiba Remote Control menu is showing that my CH (channel) option is locked on Channel 3 (which is what I need in order to get to my cable channels). I have tried everything to get it unlocked but to no avail. Please advise. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

I'm not sure. I will have to pull it out to look, but the remove control is Toshiba CT-9950.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model CF36H40. It is old and big. LOL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Every since the storm hit us ... which was last Monday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that is the only issue. TV being locked in the Channel Mode for channel 3.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hello. I am on a limited income so I would like to work through this via computer reply.

If you received a phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those.
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

How do you receive your tv channels , straight cable ,cable with cable box and cable remote ?

cable with cable box and cable remote

Is the cable box connected with color coded cables/plugs or a single coaxial cable in the tv`s antenna terminal at the rear ?

We have Comcast - Xfinity ... single coaxial code directly from TV to the Cable outlet in the wall.
single coaxial cable

Sorry but which one is it now ??

You said that you had a cable box and now you don`t but are connected directly to cable ?

Is there a cable remote or not ?

Sorry, I have cable box and the white cord goes from the box into the back of the TV.
From the research I have already done, it appear that I should be using the TV remote control and put some kind of code in, in order to reset to factory standards. I got 3 codes that were supplied online and tried each but nothing happened.

Sorry but you did not answer my last question and in any case i have to step out so i will opt out and repost your question

I did answer you. Cable runs from the cable box directly into the back of the TV.

Sorry but i did not receive that one , all i had was " single coaxial code directly from TV to the Cable outlet in the wall."

In that case then your tv needs to be on channel 3 or 4 and you are not using the correct remote if you are trying to change channels at tthe tv

The cable remote will be the one doing that and the tv needs to be on channel 3 (or 4)

Park the tv`s remote and use the cable remote now !

In any case , why don`t you use a set of audio/video cables instead of a coax ?

You would get a better picture and would not have to worry about the channel number the tv is on

All you need to do is connect it at the back of the tv to either video1 or 2 then press the tv/video button on the tv to select it and voila

As you don`t seem to be available at this time I will step out for a bit , just send me a reply and I`ll get back to you upon return