TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It's a 48" Samsung smart tv about 13 months old. the TV's…

Customer Question
It's a 48" Samsung...

It's a 48" Samsung smart tv about 13 months old. the TV's screen is black when turned on. however, the little red light won't stay off for about 10 seconds. I push the button and the light goes out but comes back on in about 10 seconds. when I push the menu or source button on the remote, the red light blinks about 5 times and then the red light comes back on.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Un48j520dafxza samsung

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The screen is black no matter what button is pushed

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was discovered in august and I don't what happened just before the problem popped up, I wasn't there.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on using the button on the tv.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

I've done that a hundred times. the red light on the bottom of the tv comes on when the tv is plugged in.

Where did you buy the tv? Did you get an extended warranty?

Unfortunately there is no other reset besides unplugging. I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to either contact Samsung (or your warranty company) or use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.