TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung flat screen tv that just lost all audio.

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung flat screen tv that just lost all audio. Can see all channels, just no sound

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No, it's about a year old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened yesterday for the first time. I've tried unplugging it & cable box & plugging back in, rebooting cable box...no luck

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

I only have a cable box connected to it. Yes, it's a smart tv & I can't get sound on Netflix or from cable shows

OK, lets try easy thing first that might work..

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Didn't work

Sorry to hear that, at this point I need your TV model number to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?