TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an LG 60PX950 that has stopped receiving signal from

Hi, I have an LG...
Hi, I have an LG 60PX950 that has stopped receiving signal from the aerial. The aerial works fine with another TV, the HDMI ports work fine and the firmware is up to date. Not sure what else to check.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: It's an LG 60PX950 and yes
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works fine, HDMI inputs work fine, aerial has no signal
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Noticed it a couple of days ago. It has had issues not wanting to auto tune in the past.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the HDMI inputs tested ok
9/19/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me what you have tried already to do to resolve this?

Thank you

I have tried auto tuning multiple times, it does not pickup any channels. I have tested the aerial cable itself on another tv and it works fine. I have tested the HDMI ports with my laptop and they work fine.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I've done all that and have run auto tune twice and unfortunately it was unsuccesful

Thanks

Have you done a factory reset of the TV yet?

Please let me know

No, what's the procedure for that?

ok, go to menu, options, initial settings

Run this and setup the TV again and tell me if it then functions please

Done. it doesn't move through Step 4: Auto Tune automatically. Hitting Next brings you back to the Auto Tune screen. Ran that again with no luck.

Thanks

It is the internal tuner that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Thanks
Richard, Technician