Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Turned on tv and there is shadow on everything. I tried

Turned on tv and there is green shadow on everything. I tried changing the brightness, contrast, tiny, color and all that is in the picture menu there was no change. Any suggestions
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Samsung model code UN55J6200 software version
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes menu works. Yes on all sources
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: When I turned it on I had to reboot the box for the satillite dish
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just started tonight

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
We have satellite DIRECTV and the green shading is on live tv all channels and on recorded shows

OK, have you checked the connection cable(s) between cable box and TV to make sure all is plugged securely and tight?

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

If all looks good then can you try another video source such as DVD player etc to this TV as a test?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I've checked all connections they are good

OK, can you try another video source such as DVD player etc to this TV as a test, this will verify the TV?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Don't have DVD or any other device

OK, please turn Off cable box power only.

Now press menu button on TV remote to get menu screen, does it show up normal or greenish?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok shut off then turned back on and picture is ok

Nice, it means cable box is causing greenish picture and TV itself is fine.

If problem reoccurs then unplug cable box power cord from power outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in to reboot the cable box that will fix the problem. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Would you like me to close your phone call request now to save you $26 for this phone call assistance?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
please

Phone call request has been closed, you might see phone call charges $26 temporarily due to this closure and this amount will be credited to you soon.

Thanks.