TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I was told that my blacklight for my vizio model# m55osl…

Customer Question
I was told that...

I was told that my blacklight for my vizio model# ***** would cost me $1000.00

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

My tv is five years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The ty works but the picture is dark on bottom

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

2 months when I turn on the the v on the tv is sort of dark

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Is fixable

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

That is correct - a replacement backlight will cost as much as if not more than the cost of a new TV.