TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The volume is stuck 100% and cant lower volume. it is

Customer Question
The volume is stuck...

The volume is stuck 100% and cant lower volume.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is asamsung its about four years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No only on this tv.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About 5 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to be able to control the volume. thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

it is still stuck on 100%

I'm sorry to hear that and that indicates a hardware failure in the TV. What's the full model number off of the back of the Samsung?

even thewe cant even make the mute button to work.

Are you still with me here?

i would call if youre sure you can fix the problem.???

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

are you still there?

Yes, I am not sending that phone call offer and I am not available by phone. I've asked you three times for the model number off of the back of the TV. Are you able to see my replies on this page??

Hello?

i cant see it the tv is on the wall.
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

What is the TV connecting to for a signal?

eg: Cable Box,. Satelite?

Please let me know