TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Can't get picture just o signal, 4 years don't know model,

Customer Question
Can't get picture just...

Can't get picture just o signal

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

4 years don't know model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu doesn't work yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The tv was off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Electronic illerate

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

If you still have no luck, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV, the model of the cable box, and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted. Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure. Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input. Let me know what happens. If you still have no luck, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV, the model of the cable box, and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.