TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung Series 6 650. For some reason it will not…

I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung Series 6 650. For some reason it will not view in 16:9, instead when I choose 16:9 it shows in "Stretched". I have reset to factory settings, tried changing the picture mode, but no success. Thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model is either LN32A6501F/ LN 40A650A1F/LN46A6501F or LN52A650A1F. I bought it in 2008.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Hmmm, the TV menu does work. I have not check the DVD player or the Apple Tv. Currently I'm viewing just Dish Network.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been an issue for about a week. Nothing happened that Im aware of.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. Thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Stand by while I execute your instructions....

Will do.

I have rebooted the cable box...waiting...it is a Dish Network ViP722KDvr

Okay thanks. If the issue is still there, I will pull up the DISH instructions to change the Aspect ratio. Let me know.

Okay, the picture is coming back up.....

Okay....

I'm checking it on Monday night football, because I can tell if the scroll info runs off the screen...standby. Nope still in "stretch" mode....

Okay hang on.

Click the link below and select your DISH remote. Then follow instructions on the page to set the Picture Size. Let me know what happens:

https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/set-preferences/set-display

AspectZoomHD ZoomRatio(#) symbol under the 9 keyOf these the only button I have is the # symbol under key 9

You just posted over my answer. Please view my last reply which was moved off the page (scroll up the page).

Executing the Dish remote request...standby...

Okay thank you.

My remote is not listed there. It is a 20.0 IR, Echostar 155681

Okay I can't help then. Sorry.

I did find it elsewhere on the website...here...https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/20x
I hope you are still there...because you helped me fix it!!! Found the "Format<* button and it worked!!! Thanks
Jack
Jack, Technician

You found the format under the number 7 digit i take it ?

Dish remotes all have it at the same location and with a star on it

Aric opted out by the way

Jack
Jack, Technician
Thanks Jack. Yep found and fixed it!