TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I can't get my samsung remote to turn my tv on by using the…

I can't get my...

I can't get my samsung remote to turn my tv on by using the source button.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It's a smart tv model # un60F6300AFXZA. No, it just happened today.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu or tools do not work. All inputs do not work. Plus the tv goes on and off anytime it feels like it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing, it's been operating fine.

9/19/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately these symptoms generally indicate a failure of the Samsung's "Mainboard" which is the processor board in the set (it controls the turn on/off function, remote control functions and source select). In most cases this requires replacement of this board to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

There is no power button on this tv.

Please hang on.

I'm not available by phone- website sends that offer without my consent. Please check the lower left hand rear corner of the TV for the power button.

Were you able to find the power button?

This did not work.

I'm sorry to hear that. That is all you could try on a user level- beyond that the issue is hardware related. Please give me a minute to type the answer.

If you're still having the same problem, then unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below:

https://www.tvserviceparts.com/BN94-06167F.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw3f3NBRBPEiwAiiHxGBga4fQkcKccj2SON_59BXiDuRNo6k44d3KRqbBiixi0osRFQRcQ0xoCnHgQAvD_BwE

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $350-$400 parts and labor, which may or may not be cost effective as a brand new 55-60" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Can you give me a wild guess at the price? I don't mind doing a little work.

All of that info is posted above- are you able to see the answer above??

350-450 dollars. Than a new tv is the best choice.

If you click on the link it pulls up the Mainboard and shows the price. Are you able to see that reply yes or no please?

That is the price at a shop. You mentioned doing the work yourself- which, in that case- it's about half the $350-$400 price.

I'm good,thanks.

You're welcome. Also, you paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?

Where do I click the rating?

Please scroll all of the way to the top of the page and there should be stars there. Can you see them?

Aric, Technician
Nicholas Arnaud

Alternatively there are repair services for those main boards which are going to be cheaper than the $250 cost of a new board. You will however have to send it in for a repair.
http://www.nickstvs.com/store/p1660/BN94-06739F

Aric, Technician