TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Toshiba monitor, which also receives my internet.

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba...

I have a Toshiba monitor, which also receives my internet. The remote (CT90325) has been giving me problems in switching from internet to TV. I have replaced batteries but still does not switch as it should.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model 19AV600U. About 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

When I switch to TV, I then use my Cablevision remote.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been about a couple of months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I believe that is all. Thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/18/2017
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 11 months ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. There is a conductive membrane that can wear out and cause problems like you are experiencing. The only way to resolve that is by purchasing a replacement remote. Please check this LINK and let me know if you have any questions.

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service. Have a nice day!