TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 50 or 55 inch about 3 years tv. I had to adjust…

Customer Question
I have a 50...

I have a 50 or 55 inch about 3 years tv. I had to adjust volume manually due to controller issues. I couldn't see button on side. Pushed one. Now have permenit bouncing cable logo on tv that won't go away.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Not the cable box. Is something wrong with tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've switched boxes from work omg yes. Unplugged boxes completely. Logo just stays. Talked with company and they tried everything not the box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

It started after I pushed button on tv. Button was channel button. Weird

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/18/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello

Hi

You are saying that the tv`s own remote does not work ?

Sorry but tried to accept your phone request and although i`m sure your credit is fine there seems to be a problem with payments and even though I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the $26 extra charges and declined them ,this is usually due to the second charge from the website, you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

On the sid eof this tv what do you have beside volume and channel buttons ?

Source , menu , input etc. ?

Hello ??

\need help with this ?

Well good night then , I`m out

I do I put my info in. And can't figure out. Problem. Wait just found problems. Bank called to see if you were a fraud
All is fine now

Forget that phone call , I`m not available for it and beside , I`m not the one who sent it , that was an automated offer by the website , completely without my consent

What button names are ***** ***** side of your tv ???

you will refund my money the 26 dollars
Power
Channel
Channel
Volume
Volume
Menus
Input

I don`t do refunds and beside there never was any accepted offers , my goal was to close it down after accepting it so that no one here could use it but it never went through anyway

You got to understand that I`m an independent tech. here , not an employee and not privy to any of those offers or what have you not

Now that were done with that ...... can we get back to the matter at hand ?

Ok they charged me for call. I just need help

Right now you got your tv on the wrong input

Look for the INPUT button on the tv then press it repeatedly to go through the various inputs until you get to your cable/satellite box or select that input from the input list once opened if you know which one it is , typically HDMI 1 for example.

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,

Not working everything says no signal

Is thecable box turned on and do you know WHICH INPUT it is connected in ??

If not then now would be a good time to look

By the way , the way I see it from here is that your bank or CC company denied those charges so it was never out on your card

No sad part is I said there was no fraud and approved all 3 charges so you and company will get paid. Thanks

To tell you frankly I am tired of these money questions here while I have ZIP , NADA to do with them , call the website for more info , again I AM AN INDEPEDENT TECH> here and have nothing to do with that

Here is a number for you , go for it 1.***-***-****

I`m out of here

I pushed all payments through thinking I would get all 3 services. I got 2. Maybe I will get the tv figured out from here. Idk
I understand and am not blaming you. I thank you for the help
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician