TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Uired a new 5 Series Samsung tv and there is an extremely…

Customer Question
Uired a new 5...

Uired a new 5 Series Samsung tv and there is an extremely irrational female voice announcing every action I make with the remote - can you please tell me how to remove this option?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model no UE55M5505AK

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu seems to work but I have the problem on all live tv actions. I haven't used the internet icon yet.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's a brand new TV and the voice over facility has been there from the start

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Just to clarify, are you using Samsung remote that came with the TV and get female voice announcement of every remote action?

Correct

OK, working on it, get back with you in few minutes.

Thanks for waiting, this feature calls Voice Guide and you can turn it Off by going into TV Menu > System > Accessibility > Voice Guide and set Voice Guide to Off.

Please reply back with the result

The headings don't agree with the remote or icons for my tv!!

What options you have on screen when push Menu on remote?

I need to go offline now so opting out to repost this question for other experts to assist you further.

Thanks.

TV Technician: rwhill1, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service

The following article describes how to activate or deactivate the Voice Guides:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062238/

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

rwhill1
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service