TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Panasonic TV, model TC-L32X5, MD 23130040, has a problem:

I am Art Hurt. My...
I am Art Hurt. My Panasonic TV, model TC-L32X5, MD 23130040, has a problem: I am aware of the "FORMAT" button, and the five aspect adjustment modes. My picture has grown off the screen so that text at the bottom, and both sides are off-stage and cannot be read. Which mode should I select, and how can I adjust that particular mode???
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic TV, model TC-L32X5, MD 23130040, a few years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It seems to be a slow creep as the pic grows off the screen. I have tried all five aspect adjustment modes, The best one for our viewing is "FULL", but still the bot***** *****ne of text and the right and left sides are off - screen and not readable. Is there an adjustment to the "FULL" mode?
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. Help.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hi Jack - Art

Hi Art

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable ,cable with cable box and cable remote or satellite box ?

Satellite - Dish Network

Most often this is caused by the satellite box so look on the sat. box remote for a button that may be called something like ; zoom, size, format, aspect , HDzoom etc. , often has a pound (#) symbol on it or a star and sits below the digits 7 or 9 , try to press that button repeatedly to toggle between the different aspect ratio`s.
If that doesn`t correct it then press the "format" button on the tv`s remote and set your tv to JUST or 16:9 if you have that choice
Between the 2 remotes (tv and cable box)you should be able to find the correct aspect ratio /format.

If you can`t find that button on the dish remote let me know , they have variations

Hold on. I'll try that

No problem

Actually will have a star on it and be called FORMAT as well , just below the digit 7

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

Okay. I have monkeyed around with both FORMAT buttons and have gotten the pic just right. Thanks Jack - you have been helpful and I think it is fixed. Art

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician