TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I restart receiver using uverse service?

Customer Question
how do I restart receiver using uverse service?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

As an initial step, please unplug power to the uverse receiver "box" for at least 5 minutes,

replug, give it another 5 minutes to start up, then test if it works and let me know the results.

no results. cannot turn the tv off or on. screen just says restart receiver.
is the receiver the larger of the two boxes?

If you have more than one, you should do both to be safe. If you have a larger att box in another room, disconnect that too.

Please try again and let me know the results.

there are two boxes ... one for the tv the other for the dvd player

Don't worry about the dvd player, just the actual uverse box. Again though if you have more than one (in other rooms) they are usually interconnected, so you need to disconnect all the uverse boxes. You should also unplug power to your uverse modem/gateway (wifi router box) during this time too.

both boxes are labeled at&t universe. one is large, the other smaller. which one do I use??
I have to leave now. Can I contact you later around 7 or 8 pm?

Please disconnect both. You may follow up with me later at your convenience.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.