TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

This is my second set, The first worked very good, and I…

Customer Question
This is my second...

This is my second set, The first worked very good , and I needed another one for another room, so I stayed with Vizio . but I can hardly hear it. I have put it up to 75 0r 100 % to hear it faintly. I bought it from Walmart in May. I am an 82 year old woman with a bad heart. The doctor told me I cannot lift or I could die on the spot. I had to wait for someone to help me lift the tv. I was sick for awhile so that had to wait. In the meantime , My time ran on returning it . Walmart said they couldn't take it because I was too late. What can I do? will you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model # e400Date I bought it was May 18 2017.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes , I tried everything. I have a box , so I thought It was the box, changed the box on my other vizio and it was perfect . I wanted to make sure it was the tv and not the cable. I have the voice down to 25 or 50 %.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

IT was always like this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Just I was and very upset with it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/18/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

I see that you came around to look so I will give you an answer right now

I`m sorry to say but those tv were not really made with sound quality in mind , it is widely assumed now that people will buy surround sound or sound bar equipment which is pretty much the only way you will have a satisfactory sound .

The tv has 2 source of audio out at the back to feed a sound bar for example and usually the cable box audio can be used as well

You can get a small sound bar for $50 that would greatly improve the audio on this

To connect to the the , the simplest way would be to use a pair of standard RCA/PHONO type cable that are most often supplied with the sound bar

You mentioned Walmart so here are some of the bar they sell , click this link ;https://www.walmart.com/browse/electronics/sound-bars/3944_77622_1230415_1107398

Anyone of them would do and if your local Walmart does not have it in stock then usually you can buy it right there on the website and have it delivered to your store for free

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .