TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sharp Aquos TV LC-52D82U and am hooking it up a…

Customer Question
Hello. I have...

Hello. I have a Sharp Aquos TV LC-52D82U and am hooking it up a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver (both purchased in 2008). We have moved and I need to reconnect.. I understand the connections for the speakers etc. But what is the connection from the TV to the receiver? Is it one of the HDMI input ( 4, 5, or 6 input) connections? Or the component cable? In other words, I'm at a loss on what to do. Thanks........Bob

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

AS I described in my initial comment...2008 etc

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. I just have local TV with an antenna and Roku hooked up. NO speakers, components ...just the TV without extras. The menu does work.I have not yet attempted to connect the receiver.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just need to know how to connect the receiver to the TV, am I missing something?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

NO just how to connect the receiver to the TV.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/18/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello

Hi , was waiting for your reply and prepared an answer for you

I will give you the simplest connection possible that will work for all
As far as the roku is concerned , plug it in the tv as before and then look at the back of the tv for the AUDIO (left/right) OUT at the bottom of the inputs row
Connect a standard RCA/PHONO cable there and then got o the Yamaha`s CD input and connect the other end there

Set the Yamaha to that input (CD) and preset its volume to say half or two third volume , the tv will control the sound level
Open the tv`s menu and go to OPTION , open that and go to OUTPUT SELECT , open that and select VARIABLE if you want to control the audio with the tv`s remote or leave it to FIXED if you prefer to control the sound level with the Yamaha

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

The Roku is up and running on HDMI 5. I am not an audio guy. So maybe I misunderstood. I want to connect my Yamaha RX-V663 AV receiver to the Sharp TV. So I can use the receiver for surround sound etc. What ports do I use to go from the TV to the receiver. Is this what you mean by connecting to the CD input?

Yes that is exactly what I described here

Again

look at the back of the tv for the AUDIO (left/right) OUT at the bottom of the inputs row

The reason that I`m selecting CD input is that otherwise you will have to assign the other inputs in the receiver`s menu before you can use them and that also mean that your tv has to become a monitor to navigate through that menu

What I gave you is the simplest possible connection that will work just fine too

Thanks for the clarification and assistance.....Bob

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.