TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

55in plasma tv 6yrs old on light flashes 10 tmes when turned

55in plasma tv 6yrs...
55in plasma tv 6yrs old on light flashes 10 tmes when turned on tv will not come on its a viera
9/18/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Hi Richard. I tried this and it did not work. Have any other ideas?someone told me the flashing was a code it flashes 10 times then pauses and repeats.

Thanks, ***** ***** blinks are a code, the 10 blinks can be solved by removing residual power which we attempted but as this failed, it means the Sub 5v SOS Board / Main 3v SOS DG Board DTV 9v SOS or Tuner Power SOS Board has failed, this code relates to one of these.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have them diagnoased and replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Technician
You solved my problem richard thank you
Richard, Technician