TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony 39 inch tv It appears to have pixilated

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony 39 inch tv It appears to have pixilated picture. Sound is OK. This pixilated format is on all channels. Is it repairable?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

Sony 39 inch. The tv malfunctioned this afternoon

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Unknown. Should I try these inputs and get back to you.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Normal until this afternoon.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Only if it worthwhile to have it repaired

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/18/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

sorry for the delay. There was no change. Model No is 40XL720

Thanks

What is it connecting to for a picture? eg: Satelite? DVD player? Cable?

Please let me know

No change
Cable

Thanks

If you play from another device such as a DVD player, is the picture the same?

Playing a DVD is just the same.

Thanks

I want you to do a full reset of the TV and set it up again

To do this, please do the following

Press the HOME button to enter the home screen.

Using your standard remote control, press the down arrow button and navigate down the media shelves until you reach Settings.

On the TV shelf, scroll to the right using the right arrow button until you reach Storage & reset.

Navigate down using the down arrow button to Factory data reset.

Then select Erase everything.

Once one, tell me how it then looks please

there was no storage and reset among the settings so I could not erase anything. Thanks for your help.
Regards
Jim

ok, you will have a different firmware

I get no match on the model you gave me.

Can you double check it please?