TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cannot control picture. It is pixilated and completely

Customer Question
Cannot control picture....

Cannot control picture. It is pixilated and completely unreadable with streaks or bands of various colors over parts of the screen. Cannot acces menu or input with remote or switches onto itself. This is an older model plasma Dell W4200.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I think it is Dell W4200 HD or W4200ED. It is about 10years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No to the menu and yes to rest of your question.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This just popped up when we turned it on.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please