TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I did a full reset on my vizio TV and now I cannot reconnect…

Customer Question
Hi, I did a...

Hi, I did a full reset on my vizio TV and now I cannot reconnect my cable service. It's a cable with a box connected with coaxial cable to TV my xfinity. Before reset it worked fine. Any idea? Did a channel scan and it's on channel 3

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1 yr. d39h-co

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes. All except tv input say "no signal"

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's my fault. I did a full reset on the TV yesterday in order to fix picture issues. That's fixed. But no cable connection now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I just need to know how to set the correct inputs in order to conect TV to cable service since it's been factory reset. Comcast could not help

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/17/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Thank you

Please press Input button on your Vizio remote and select correct input source where the cable box wire is hooked into TV.

For example, if connection wire from cable box is hooked into HDMI input of TV, then need to select HDMI input source to get the cable channel picture on TV.

Please reply back with the result

This does not work. I've been doing this all day

OK, can you tell me what input of TV is hooked to cable box and hat type of cord/ wire runs between TV and cable box?

The only thing that works is my one channel (3)
It worked!!! Actually I fixed it before I called you but didn't know it.
After I did a channel scan (before I called) I didn't realize my one channel was cable and if I picked up my remote I had all the channels.
Will I still be charged the full amount? I've never used this before.

Sounds good, it seems you're using an old cable box with this new TV.

Please contact customer service at following link for any billing info/ issue as I have no control over money matters here.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

I would expect 5 star rating to my services here.

Thanks

I didn't see why you wouldn't get a 5 star rating. We were just getting started. Thank you. :)

Much welcome, contact customer service for any billing/ refund info.

TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

It appears that your question is still open because the star rating was not used.

How can I help you?