TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cant seem to get a picture on one of my inputs, sharp aquos…

Customer Question
Cant seem to get...

Cant seem to get a picture on one of my inputs

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sharp aquos lc40le8oun1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No problems on other inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Never was an issue...not sure what has happened

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/17/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 9 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is it an HDMI input you are having trouble with?

If so and you try more than one HDMI input is it still the same?

Anthony

i tried another input on tv as well as through the reciver

If the other HDMI inputs are OK its clear then that one input is damaged (usually if all HDMIs are down we take measures) so the only way out of this is to replace the main-board, there is no way to fix this any other way the HDMI input cannot be replaced itself effectively and economically,if you want to pursue replacing themain-board I will be happy to help you with this?let me know

Anthony

but why is it when i switch the cable to another hdmi input it still doe
sn't work?
hello?

What happens when you connect another input other than the cable does that work?

So cable does not work in all INPUTs for HDMI but others does bar one is that correct?

Main-board will need to be replaced

sorry, maybe I'm not explaining myself well. I have 4 hdmi inputs on the tv. I hvae connections to a ps4, a apple tv , some of these running through a receiver.....the one connected to the apple tv does not seem to be working (input 4)...when i switched it to input 5, i still don't get a signal. the tv just flickers off and on from a black screen to a snowstorm screen
my cable works fine, ps4 works fine, but when i switch to input 4, no picture

Yes you will need to be replace the main-board it may have suffered a surge or storm damage or the firmware may be corrupt, if the set is connected to the internet it will be downloading any system software updates automatically, so its any of those issues above causing this, particularly if set previously working OK

You should also go straight to the set to eliminate any receiver issues

Just as a test

im not sure i understand your answer. if a number of the inputs seem to be operating, why when i switch the cables around to the inputs that do seem to be working, i still dont get a picture?

Sir you are not explaining this issue correctly please look at what you are saying to me right from when you asked the question,you have changed this 3 times since opening it

apologies. if i knew how do fix it i would not have bothered signing up for your service. fairly abrupt repsonse on your behalf, don't you think?
i've reviewed all my questions and i don't believe i changed any of them. are you going to assist or not?