TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a vizio d39f-e1. Ive had it for about a month now. I…

Customer Question
I have a vizio...

I have a vizio d39f-e1. Ive had it for about a month now. I turned on my tv today and the picture looks yellow/green and faces look reddish. I tried the images with my cable box and with netflix, looks exactly the same. In addition I did a factory reset, still looks the same. How can I fix this?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ive had it for a month. The model is d39f-e1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works but tjr menu colors are affected as well., I do have problems with it while using cable box and using netflix.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just noticed it now. I didnt see anything pop up before happening

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.
Please send me a hello in the mean time so i know you are there ?

Hello

Hi

From what you described you have a defective t-con board although the maain board itself could be at fault

Only way to know for sure would be to try that t-con

Give me a minute on this pllease

How do you try the t-con?
Ok, Ill hold

The t-con is a board inside the tv but how old is this tv anyway , i get 2017 as manufacture date

Where did you buy it ?

Well, its been with me for a month now. I bought it at fort hood texas PX.

This tv should still be under warranty but at one month mark you should still be able to get a refund or exchange from that store , not a repair

Otherwise read this ;

How to Get Service

Before obtaining warranty service, you may visit www.vizio.com for additional help and troubleshooting. To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

You have to get an authorization first

Let me know if you have any questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

An authorization for what?

To claim the warranty from vizio

This from vizio again ;

Your Obligations Before Service

You must obtain pre-authorization before sending your product to a VIZIO service center. You may be required to supply a purchase receipt (or copy) to show that the product is within the warranty period.

But again if the tv is only one month old you may be able to have it replaced from the store where you bought it

Ok, thanks, I'll go to the store now amd find out what they can do for me. I called vizio and they asked for a picture of the tv screen and a copy of the receipt.

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Ok, thank you

Thank you

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service