TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I was trying to find the menu on the TV and lost my picture…

Customer Question
I was trying to...

I was trying to find the menu on the TV and lost my picture how do I get it back

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I don't know it's refurbished but I think it's pretty new

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I haven't tried anything else just the buttons on the remote seem to not be working except for the matching the top right one

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just happened nothing was going on except I was fooling with the remote

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No just have to get my picture back on

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/17/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What is on the screen right now?

I am available and the screen is just very dark it's not completely black

Do you have the original remote that came with the tv?

I guess like I said it is a refurbished TV

Are you still able to access the TV MENU with that remote?

No

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

-can you now access the tv menu?

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Please say again
Please try this:-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.-can you now access the tv menu?REPLY back here and tell me what happens
No it's still blank it showed the Vizio smartcast on the top when it come on

What is the model number printed on the back of the tv?

Where did you get the tv?

What is the purchase date of the tv?