TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

35" Westinghouse: Sleep Timer is "Off" yet the tv keeps

Customer Question
35" Westinghouse: Sleep Timer is...
35" Westinghouse: Sleep Timer is "Off" yet the tv keeps turning on and off and on and off . . .
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: O I'll look . . . give me a second
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: W3223 - yes, the TV menu works.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I watched it for about 3 hours tonight and turned the power button off on my cable remote. A few minutes later, the tv came back on and it's been turning on and off every minute or so
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, that's it.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
W3223 - someone gave it to me and I don't know how old it is.
Right after I turned the tv off using the cable remote, the tv came back on about 3 minutes later. Then, it began turning on and off within a minute of each other. Then, it began turning on and off within 5 minutes of each other. This last time, it turned off about 10 minutes ago and hasn't come back on yet.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/17/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Does the TV turn on and off at regular intervals or times, or is it random?

Randomly. From every 1 minute to every 10 minutes.

Ok, in that case there is either a fault with the built-in power supply preventing it from sustaining a continuous power supply to the TV;

or the power button is sticking on either the TV's control panel or a remote control.

You could try removing the batteries from all remote controls that control the TV, or leave them outside the room to eliminate them first.

If the problem persists, check that the button on the TV's control panel is not sticking.

If the power button on the TV seems ok then the internal power supply board is faulty and will need to be replaced.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer