TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have the antenna hooked to the back of the Tv but it says

no signal. And I have...
I have the antenna hooked to the back of the Tv but it says no signal. And I have the TV set for TV
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: E701i-A3
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes Tv menu works. I have a DVD player plugged in and it works.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got the TV second hand.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
9/17/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The tv does need to be programmed,

first set the source/input mode to TV (not hdmi, video, etc),

then go into the vizio setup menu, under the channels/tuner section, and run the channel scan (auto program/search) function to load any channels it is able to pick up.

Let me know the results.
Thank you,

Can I do that with the XRT132 remote?

It will work best from the roku app on a phone/tablet to fully access the menu

Going to have to try some other time. Ran out of time. :(

No problem, take your time, you can get back to me later if needed.

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer