TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can't make my Daenx DN-191D remote control operate

Customer Question
I can't make my...

I can't make my Daenx DN-191D remote control operate properly.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model number is ***** Don't know how old it is.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Some parts of the menu system work. Others do not.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Don't know how long this has been a issue. TV will run DVD properly. Can't program TV channels.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Where can I get a user manual.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/17/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What specifically is not working for you with the remote? Are you unable to access the programming of the channels at all? What do you have connected (antenna, basic cable, etc)?

I have an built in DVD which will work. I have an Magnavox MG-ANT_8 antenna to access VHF/UHF stations which I can't access or set-up. I also have an Access HD TV converter whch I cannot setup. I'm not sure my Daenyx remote is working properly. I would like to be able to use the Daenyx remote that came with the TV, and be able to set up as many local channels as possible.

Does the tv remote work for powering the tv on and off and adjusting the volume?

the TV remote works for powering the TV on and adjusting the volume.

Thank you for confirming,

when you press the INPUT button, are you able to select the dvd player?
On which ports do you have the converter connected?

I can select the DVD option but the OK button doe not function
I have the converter connected to the ANT input

Just keep pressing input repeatedly and stop on that option and it should change over eventually even if you don't press ok

When you highlight dvd in the list, just leave it there, and it should switch over after a bit even if you don't press ok. Does that work?
What input are you on now?

I can access the DVD section OK, but I want to setup my local TV channels.

I understand,

the tv cannot pick up any stations at this point, it is too old and does not have a compatible tuner. You would have to set the tv to channel 3 or 4 to pick up the converter, and run the channel scan function from the converter boxes menu using the converter remote.

OK. I think I can do that with my Access TV converter box, which has local up down channel buttons on the front.

Correct, but you'll have to get into the access converter menu and run a channel scan there.

OK. I have to find the Access Converter remote. I sure it's around here somewhere. Can I call you back after I have found the Access Converter remote?

Yes that would be fine.

Nathan, Installer