TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung tv model # ln40c530f1fxza lost the red

Customer Question
Samsung tv model #...

Samsung tv model # ln40c530f1fxza lost the red color/hue...can it be repaired?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No...and it is an older tv. We've had it for about 7 years.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started about 2 weeks ago. Red is totally gone. I've tried all the possible adjustments with hue, contrast, etc and it doesn't make any difference in the picture.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No...just that problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/16/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Generally the loss of red in the picture isn't a TV issue but a failure of the Red cable in the "component video" cabling between the cable box and the TV. The red colored cable closest to blue and green carries the red component of the video signal. This can be caused by the red cable pulling loose on one end (check BOTH the TV and the cable box ends of the cable) or the cable itself failing.

Please shut the TV off, and the cable box as well. Disconnect and reconnect the 5 colored component video cables one at a time making sure they are secure. Do this at both the TV and cable box end of things. Then turn your cable box and TV back on. Let me know what happens.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?