TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sony kdl-40r510c skips over vido compont, 11 months, 1 week,

Customer Question
Sony kdl-40r510c skips over...

Sony kdl-40r510c skips over vido compont

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

11 months

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

1 week

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/16/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 11 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue. First thing, if you do have an internal input issue, the TV still has 1 month warranty. I would right now double-check that all of your 3 RCA video plugs color match the TV input and the source output Jack's. The green one is the most important one. It activated the TV input. If that cable is broken or not in the right rca jack it will not work. What source are you using ?
If everything seems to look good and your source outputs component video, then I would recommend a Factory reset. Here is a link to the Reset procedure of your TV.
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42994/c/65,66/p/61659,62766,95485,95714/
Let me know if that helped. If all of that did not take care of the issue, the Main board in the TV might has an issue and it would be recommended to take it to an authorized Sony service center for warranty repair.
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 10 months ago
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your TV issue. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out