TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv is about 6 months old. Yesterday, I could not get it…

Customer Question
My tv is about...

My tv is about 6 months old. Yesterday, I could not get it to power on. I have checked all the cables and power cords and cannot find a problem. What else could be the problem?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

55PFL5601/F7. I bought it last December.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The cable box is lit up but the menu is not working. All of my other TV s and cable boxes in the house are working

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started yesterday. I do not think anything happened, no storms or power surges or anything like that.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/16/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
If you pull out the power cord 20 secs or so is there a light or blinking light at the front and/or clicking sound from inside when you plug the power cord again and try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just decline if you don`t want it .

The tv will not power on. It is completely dead. When I pulled out the cord, I saw a nick in the cord. I am thinking that my dog needed a snack. Could that be causing my problem?

LOL , that could be a good reason and it would make sense , hope the dog is OK :)

Let me see what type of cord you have but most often a monitor /computer 3 prongs power cord will do

Yes it looks like a standard 3 prongs power cord and if you have an old computer stashed away then you likely have one or you can find it locally at any computer or electronic audio/video stores like bestbuy , radio shack etc.

If the cord is not the problem then there is no use to talk about repairs and parts , just use the info below to claim the warranty , this is what Philips USA says ;

Call customer support

Our North American based representatives will be happy to assist you. Please have available:

• The exact model number
  • Your date of purchasing
  • The serial number of your product

1-***-***-**** (2008 and newer)Monday - Saturday 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST

Sunday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST

Excluding Major Holidays

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Have to step out for a bit but if that answers your questions please do rate or send me a reply and i`ll get back to you ASAP