TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a SAMSUNG TV ; Model: LE40F86BD, model: LE40F86BD I…

Customer Question
Hi ! I have...

Hi ! I have a SAMSUNG TV ; Model : LE40F86BD

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model : LE40F86BD I don't know how old is it ...

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Do you know how to Fix Screen Flickering Issue ?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since 1 years

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i think not !

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/16/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 9 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Does the screen flicker light strobe light?

- Does the problem go away after some time, when TV gets warm up?

Hi Shahid !
I hope you're good !

Hi, I'm fine, thanks.

Did you get my previous replies for 2 info-requests?

- Does the screen flicker like strobe light?

I just unscrew the back of the TV.
Yes, exactly, The display blinks slowly at the beginning and then faster and faster.
Yes, some time the problem disappears, but come back quickly

Thanks for the info, it seems power supply board issue where few capacitors are failing and causing this problem.

Replacement of power supply board in TV will fix the issue, please click following link to view power board image and part number info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-LCD-TV-LE40F86BD-Power-Supply-Board-PSU-SIP400C-BN44-00167-Rev-1-0-/231695768016

OR you may please use the part number off of power board to search/ google it for better price. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

A people tell me yesterday to Cut a Jumper, some people on internet tell it's a good way
I found this post : http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-fix-Samsung-LN46C630-screen-flickering-issu/
Do you know the Jumper number for my TV (like in the post for the jumper JP852)

That famous jumper cut is for different TV model/ chassis (LN46C630) and your TV is entirely different and I'm afraid it doesn't have that jumper on power board.

A friend who work in this kind of reparation, has changed the capacitors but the problem persist

How many capacitors he has changed?

Can you get me the circuit number of those caps?

I just got it on the phone, it changed a 4/5 capacitors. But he can not tell me which

OK, there are approx 10 capacitors on this power board that should be replaced, jumper cut solution is for other power board that has part number BN44-00341B where as your power board part number is *****

Let me check the picture, hold on please

No prob
i know. The only solution is to change the power supply board ? Or the capacitors ?
Bad news...

All these capacitors should be replaced marked with yellow box in attached picture of your power board, some times this issue occurs due to devalued resistors or failing regulator chips so best option is to replace entire board to fix the issue.

Hope these info will help.

It's my old TV. I think I will throw it away, there is no last resort solution? Like the cut?
Ok thanks

Much welcome, wish you the best~

If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?