TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Vertical lines across screen. HDMI connection to cable box.

Customer Question
Vertical lines across screen...

Vertical lines across screen. HDMI connection to cable box. Have sound / no pic , just the lines. This has happened periodically over last month. I have unplugged, changed to new HDMI cable, changed HDMI cable ends , etc. nothing working.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

Sony KDL-46nx800

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can't see the menu. But I have to push the input button (blindly), until sounds comes on, so I know which input is correct

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Power outage.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

If you unplug the hdmi cable from the tv, are the vertical lines still there?