TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Dark colors are appearing purple, Only happens on

Customer Question
Dark colors are appearing...

Dark colors are appearing purple

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Only happens on prerecorded TV shows....like if you are watching Law and Order, etc. Not on commercials or live shows or news. Let me check on model number...Hold a sec

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

LNT3242H

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been going on about a week. Had direct TV out. They checked system and said it was my TV. Said the Samsung does this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Bought a new TV. Then direct tv came again and fixed damaged splicer and I thought maybe that would fix old TV but it did not. So hooked back up old TV and it was fine for a few minutes but then started again

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Can you switch the Directv box with another video source such as DVD/ Bluray player as a test to see if color problem still occurs?

Louie, Technician