TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Insignia TV remote RC-261 does not control the TV

Customer Question
My Insignia TV remote...

My Insignia TV remote RC-261 does not control the TV functions. I have put in new batteries two times and checked that they are charged.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years or so. I will go downstairs and check the model.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

NS-LDVD32Q-10A Date of prod 09-24 a1118

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Otherwise it has worked fine. I cannot think of anything preceding this malfunction

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Did you get the model number?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/16/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Is the tv currently on? has picture? has sound?

TV works but not DVD

Does the volume up/down work on the Insignia Remote?