TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Will not turn on? what to do? vizo smooth motion...120Hz,

Customer Question
Will not turn on...

Will not turn on? what to do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Vizo smooth motion...120Hz

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Cannot turn on ... no power to tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Was watching, tv turned off, i tried to turn on ... no hope...unpluged repuged no hope

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/16/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- Does power indicator on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?
Thanks.

E472VLE
NOW WHAT TO DO?
PLEASE ADVISE
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, it looks lie you've requested a new expert. I'd be happy to help you, but please understand that this is a conversation and may require some back and forth communication, and due to time zone differences and when each of us are online, we may not be able to respond back instantly.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be at all surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the same $300 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.