TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

On a Panasonic TCP65VT30 TV, can the HDMI input board be…

On a Panasonic TCP65VT30...

On a Panasonic TCP65VT30 TV, can the HDMI input board be repaired or replaced. I have 2 ports that appear to have broken contacts and the TV will not receive a HDMI signal from a device, i.e. cable box or blue ray player.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

It is a TCP65VT30 (plasma), manufactured in October 2011, ser # MJ12980181. One port just failed yesterday, the other has been out for some time.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

With both ports I switched the HDMI cable into another port and the TV received the signal and displayed the program. With both damaged ports I can see what appears to be damaged contacts.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, my only question was whether the HDMI input board could be replaced with a new one.

9/15/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Yes, that boar can be replaced.

Do you want me to find it for you?

There is a local Panasonic authorized service provider here. I just wanted to be assured that the board was repairable/replaceable before I scheduled a call. There service charge is high, if I found out that the board was not repairable/replaceable. Fooling around the back of this TV, is a little bit beyond my skill level, I think.

I understand, Panasonic authorized service provider might get the replacement board, however, the main board (known as A Board) part number is ***** for this model that can be used to search/ google it to get best price info if you have plan to do it yourself. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Click following link to view A board image..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-a1nruus-a-board-for-tc-p65vt30.htm

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician