TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

A couple weeks ago, in a thunderstorm, the TV took a surge…

Customer Question
A couple weeks ago...

A couple weeks ago, in a thunderstorm, the TV took a surge and is basically on the fritz. I can get moments of video flash. Is it repairable?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

LF501EM4 I think is is 3 or 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu, nothing just the moments of video flash

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This happened in mid August. There was a lightening flash, momentary loss of power, then some noise as the video went blank (dark screen)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just this issue.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/15/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 9 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Do you get sound from TV speakers while TV power is On and screen is dark?

Please reply here and do not post duplicate question for the same issue.