TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Aloha Louie, we just purchased a LG 43 UJ6300 a few day ago.

Customer Question
Aloha Louie, we just...

Aloha Louie, we just purchased a LG 43 UJ6300 a few day ago. During the day the picture is so dark its difficult to see. We have gone on the Guide an tried to effect brightness but it doesn't seem to be taking effect. Selecting sport helped a little beut I'm sure there is another control/issue,

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

It's brand new ( like 3 days and this happened from the start. I have "rebooted" the TV and cable box but not for a few hours

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No it is only with cable TV when on an HDMI setting. the internal screen with a european lake like setting is normal brightness and contrast

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This happened from the first, I purchased the TV on the 8th Sept.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

For a few reasons I don't have the capability of playing a CD to see if it is effected the same . I believe it is only TV on the cable. We have multiple TV's in the house all on the same cable and they are not effected. I'm convinced it is some setting on the TV that I am missing or applying incorrectly

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/15/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 11 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

I am sorry Louie unavailable,if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu as dark as the pic please?

Anthony

Which is the "menu" button?
What next, there is no button labeled menu, which one is it?

It may be labelled HOME anything that brings a menu up of settings etc

I can get to the guide menu which has a setting that says "Picture" with several subheadings

Are you viewing via an antenna or a satellite or cable box?

Cable box

No the guide is generated by the box that is no good for diagnosis,you have to use the sets OWN remote control or press a menu or home button on the set itself, its the menu commonly used for adjusting brightness colour etc on the set itself

I am AT THAT SCREEN NOW. I am using the TV remote control. I went to home then to guide and am at a screen FROM THE TV NOT THE CABLE BOX that has "picture" in the upper left corner

So is the menu dark?yes you are now at therightmenu

Readable but darker than I would expect

Or is the menu nice and bright and unaffected?

How old is the set now please?

8 DAYS, it was purchased last week

You have a very serious problem if the menu is dark please though before I draw my conclusion try another input like a DVD player or similar?do you have anything like that?

I can't use a DVD right now because of how the set is wired. When selecting the source such as HDMI live TV etc, there is background scenerie that is totally normal. The menu is , as I said readable but not VERY bright

OK reboot the TV and the box by unplugging both from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug both back in again,let me know if there is any change please (give time for both to boot up)

I've done that multiple time with no effect

OK the catalyst here is the sets OWN menu being dark if that IS the case then you have a problem with that set ,the reason is because the menu is self generated and is sent directly to the panel (screen) via the t-con board so its either a t-con board panel issue OR there is a back-light problem, either way you MUST contact the retailer who will swap the set.

The DVD test would prove conclusively what I am saying however the sets own generated menu is good enough for this conclusion

I am sorry I dont have better news the only good thing for you is you just got the set and you have warranty etc , many people have issues like this and are not covered, it may also be a warning to get extended warranty

I have contacted tghe vendor and am returning the set, Thanks for the help. Highly unlikely I will be trading it for another LG Product

If you need more help let me know

I would welcome a positive rating of 3 to 5 stars for the information provided, rating bar of stars is top of the page thank you, ***** ***** will then credit me thanks again

Anthony

If you need more help let me know

Anthony

Do you need any more help here please?

Just returned from the dealer. As I suspected he showed me a setting HDMI Vivid which fixed the problem

You said the menu was dark too?you see that statement is what was the diagnosis so the menu could not have been dark?if you had the dvd to check or similar that would have helped

As the menu is generated by the set itself it has nothing to do with hdmi

Your my eyes here with this you get it wrong and its a wrong diagnosis