TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My question concerning checking the circuit boards was

Customer Question
suggested by one of your...
My question concerning checking the circuit boards was suggested by one of your technicians. Now you say you don't have a technician that can provide assistance on how to do a trouble shoot on circuit boards for a Samsung model PN43F4500BFFXZ Plasma TV. Is that your response?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/15/2017
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 9 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome back. I'm Dan. I'm not sure what you mean about the site not having technicians. Maybe there is a glitch in the question page.

Were you already working with someone, and are trying to get back there?

I received an email that indicated there were no technicians available who were qualified answer my question about testing circuit boards on my TV.

Interesting, I've never heard of emails like that. What's the issue... what board, what are the symptoms, etc.?

I have a Samsung PN43F4500BFFXZ Plasma TV. The TV was working fine and suddenly I lost sound the picture a few minute later. Did trouble shooting in my last communication as it was suggested it could be a circuit board. Last nigh I reached out to you company and received no response for an assist with testing circuit boards. Today I receive an email of apology stating you JustAsk did not have a technician who could help me with this type of meter testing on a circuit board. I will say I have taken the back of the TV off and found that when the power is turned on that a red light appears on a circuit board that indicates it connects to the speakers. It stays lit for a few seconds and then kicks off. There is a green light that flashes on the circuit board that looks like it connects to the video feeds. It flashes twice then stops at the same time the red light turns off.

OK when I get home this afternoon I'll grab my service manual and walk you through some tests.

I will try and be available. Thanks

OK

The problem remains the same. Do you have any new suggestions on how to test the circuit boards?

I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you about this. The weekend was very busy. I will opt out to allow another expert to assist.