TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I set the clock because my tv keeps shutting off and worked…

I set the clock...

I set the clock because my tv keeps shutting off and worked with comcast to do this and it still shuts down I wait 10 minutes and it turns on again happens often

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Samsung vuepoint is on the back but dont see model number A problem for a long time

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works and no problem with our other tv whicj

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been doing this for a long time menu works and our sony tv works fine comcast came replaced all wiring and replace d box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Message says no informaion and 1920x1080/60p

9/15/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello

Hi

Does the tv actually turn off or you lose the signal and get that message ?

Note that myself I did not send that $26 phone offers that you received , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .

Hello ??

Will try to work with you tv just posts that message and turns black I shut it off and wait 10 minutes and turn it back on and it is fine for a while

O.k then you lose the signal

You said that all wiring and the cable box itself was replaced ?

I will close that phone request as we won`t be using it , you may see a charge for it but it will be credited when i send it in as incomplete /canceled

There won`t be any charges anyway , your CC company declined them

Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

It will start with UN for LCD or PN for a plasma tv and then followed by the screen size , i.e UN-55....... for a 55" model

Its mounted on the wall and we cant get to it
Woukd it be on the remote

A small mirror could do it perhaps ?

This is a main board problem and although i can give you a quite accurate estimate of the costs of repair , if you want to do this yourself then i will need the exact model and version number

Did you have in mind to look into repairing this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?

If just an idea then how old is the tv and screen size ?

The main board for a samsung tv under 5 years old in average cost some $60 to $80 if you were to buy it yourself

f that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Mirror didnt work it is a 55 inch tv how much to fix

The main board for a samsung tv of this size and under 5 years old in average cost some $60 to $80 if you were to buy it yourself

www.tvrepairpros.com

It is about 8 ys old

Could be a plasma then , do you know if it is plasma or LCD ?

Never mind , samsung did not make 55" plasma tv`s so my estimate remains the same

Lcd

Yes , that is what i said above , samsung did not make 55" plasma tv`s so my estimate remains the same

If the tv is 8 years old then considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 55" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $450 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Would replackng the main board definitely fix this problem

It is a main board problem , that is a fact , 100% sure of that

Ok thanks

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

Much welcome and I don`t know how to make this bolder than above but PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO RATE with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you