TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I ordered a new Magnavox Smart TV remote as it was lost

Customer Question
I ordered a new...

I ordered a new Magnavox Smart TV remote as it was lost during a move.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

I ordered a new Magnavox Smart TV remove as it was lost during a move. I received the remote today and added the 2 AAA batteries. The remote does not work. Model 42MF438B/F7 Serial YA1A084320659. Can you help me with some suggestions. Thank You

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works. I do not have this problem with other TV's in house. Not using any other sources or inputs with this TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This was initially my parents TV. They used a large button universal remote and all was fine. Parents passed away and I now have the TV. I can turn the TV on with the power button on the side. The big button remote does not work. When we cleaning my parents place I could not locate the original remote so I ordered a new remote from Magnavox at the(###) ###-####number.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/15/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Did you get Magnavox remote as shown in following image link?
http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/i/m/img_5319.jpg

- Also, are you able to operate the TV with control buttons on TV itself?

Louie, Technician