TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can't connect to Wi-Fi because the network settings won't…

Customer Question
I can't connect to...

I can't connect to Wi-Fi because the network settings won't load

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

I have 2 I'm having issues with, the first is a lg 4k tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works but all settings won't load

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was connected and working fine, one day my son was trying to watch YouTube but it wouldn't connect

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/14/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

49UH6030-UD
I already paid $28 via pay pal, what's the additional $26 for?

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Ok...sorry, just wanted to be sure
as I said the tv won't load the "all settings in order for me to check network connections

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and wifi router/ modem power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let wifi router/ modem reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I've done that

OK, does TV show your wifi modem/ router name or available networks when run network setup in TV to make wifi connection?

It won't let me view that setting to see what the available connections are
We have a vizio tv that is connected with no issues but both of our lg tv's wont let us connect

This is odd, let me opt out to repost this question for other experts to chime in/ assist you further.

Thanks.

Ok thank you
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

To clarify, both LG TV's will not load settings?

Please let me know

One will load settings but won't show a network option the other won't load settings at all

Can you tell me the models of the TV please?

Thank you

I'll have to send later...heading to work

ok please let me know