TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot figure out to make cc work. here is a button on the…

Customer Question
I cannot figure out...

I cannot figure out to make cc work. here is a button on the remote but it does not bring up Any options.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is an L32WD22. I am not sure how old it is .

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works. I have not tried it on any input other than cable. Would you like me to try it on a dvd?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have not tried it before today. My Deaf brother is in town and he would like to watch TV.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/14/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If you are using Cable TV, by way of a Cable Box, then if you have a remote for the cable box, try the CC button on the cable box.

If you use a DVD player, try the CC button on the remote for the DVD player.

CC buttons on remotes for TVs themselves (as opposed to remotes for other input devices) often don't work, when the Source or Input Source for the TV, is another device.

At any rate, it is worth a try. See if my advice works... if it doesn't or seems to be N/A, please let me know, and I will help you further.

Louie, Technician