TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 55 inch SAMSUNG TV MODEL LN52B750U1FXZA AND IT DOES…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 55 inch SAMSUNG TV MODEL LN52B750U1FXZA AND IT DOES NOT START. PICTURE IS FINE ONCE IT STARTS UP. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX. RICHARD VOTAVA(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

MODEL IS LN52B750U1FXZA AND ABOUT 8 YEARS OLD.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

ALL TV FUNCTIONS WORK WHEN IS TURNS ON. IT HAS BEEN INTERMITTANT TURN ON FOR 2 DAYS AND NOW IT DOES NOT TURN ON USING SAMSUNG REMOTE AND FINGER ON SWITCH.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

NOTHING HAPPENED TO CAUSE THIS. IT HAS BEEN INTERMITTANTLY TURNING ON FOR THE LAST 2 OR 3 DAYS.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/14/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- When TV doesn't turn On, do you hear faint clicking sound from TV as if TV is trying to turn ON?

no clicking sound by when I hold down the remote power button the light in middle bottom of tv flashes 5 times. Also by holdiing finger on TV power button at bottom right hand corner of TV the same light flashes continuously as long as I hold my finger on the power button.
no

OK, working on it

the V shaped light in middle bottom of TV flashes when I hold finger on power button at bottom right hand corner of TV next to small red light.
working the turn on remote or power button next to red light will power up the TV sometimes. After Tv gets powered up then all is fine and all tv functions work. This TV has an power up problem.
are you there

Yes sir, I'm here and typing info for you

It seems few capacitors on power supply board are failing/ defective and causing the problem. Replacement of bad capacitors or entire power supply board will fix the issue. Please click following link to view power supply board image and part number info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00287a-power-supply.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?