TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

THE PICTURE IS TOO BIG FOR THE SCREEN. E430A, ALL THE SIZE…

Customer Question
THE PICTURE IS TOO...

THE PICTURE IS TOO BIG FOR THE SCREEN.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

E430A

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

ALL THE SIZE AND POSITION ADJUSTMENTS ONLY ADJUST THE SECONDARY PICTURE BUT NOT THE PRIMARY PICTURE THAT COMES FROM THE CABLE. THE EDGES ARE CUT OFF THE SCREEN PICTURE

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

WHETHER IT IS SET ON NORMAL OR ZOOM

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM THAT NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE AND THE SET IS AOUT 8 YEARS OLD.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/14/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

THE CABLE MODEM IS OUTSIDE MY HOME. THE SIGNAL COMES IN VIA FIBER OPTICS AND IS CONVERTED TO DIGITAL FOR THE TV TO PROCESS. I ALSO HAVE A XYZEL MODEM FOR MY COMPUTER AND CONNECTIONS FOR CORDLESS PHONES, AND ALL ARE CONNECTED TO THE OUTSIDE MODEM.

What remote do you use to change channels please?

FORGET IT AND CANCEL MY ACCOUNT.