Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

All of a sudden the image stoped but the sound was still

Customer Question

All of a sudden the image stoped but the sound was still coming through. I turned off the tv and now i can see the screen turn on, a blue light but no image
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Nnever been a problem. I am not sure how to provide you with the modle just that it is a Vizio
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Same problem no image
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened today. My mom was watching the tv i was assleep. When i came to the living room i noticed the sound but no image
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would really like for a te h to come and fix it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
While i am still waiting another 3 minutes, i would like to ask if this is a common issue
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This did not fix the issue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks

It is the internal Tconn board that contols vision that has faulted, it is not common but can happen, I see it about 4-6 times a week

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you