TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Vizio TV wonºt turn on after power outage. Already did power…

Customer Question
Vizio TV wonºt turn...

Vizio TV wonºt turn on after power outage. Already did power cycle.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Vizio VX37L. No problem in the past.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The wonºt start at all. Yes, same problem on all sources or inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We had a power outage. No elelctricity for one week (Hurricane Irma). TV disconnected from outlet all the time after outage.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, this happened once before but a power cycle solved the problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/14/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

60;<Sorry, it did not work.

Is the standby light showing at all?

No, it is completely off (white color).

Thanks

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you