TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have TC-P60T50 plasma. Can't get aspect ratio to go back…

I have TC-P60T50 plasma...

I have TC-P60T50 plasma. Can't get aspect ratio to go back to normal...zoomed in way too much and other options don't work. ?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

When I go to Full, Just, etc, the screen stays zoomed in, can't get it to show the full picture on the screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic TC-P60GT50 Viera Plasma, approx 3 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since last week when I moved it when having some remodeling done. I'm asking you about troubleshooting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That no

9/14/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

I turned it off for 10 sec and still waiting for it to come back on. When remodeling, I noticed that the cable wire at the wall was disconnected to the receptacle..I hooked it back up (not perfect I'm sure). Could this add to the problem of picture malfunctions?

If the cable wire to the wall were in use and it was disconnected- you would not have had any picture at all. I'm not familiar with your system, so could not comment on whether that wire was disconnected for a new connection of some sort. But if you had picture at all- then that disconnected wire is not part of the equation.

ok.

Okay let me know what happens.

I contacted Panasonic who told me to contact Comcast. The tech came out and replaced some old connectors which he said were due anyway. The problem with the tv was caused when I moved the tv and box for some remodeling. When I disconnected the box, it changed the internal settings (which included the aspect ratio). He demonstrated how to use the comcast Legacy remote to reset if I ever move it again. So I'm up and running. Thanks.

Okay, and glad to hear it. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician