TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv picture is blinking and making a clicking sound. started…

Customer Question
Tv picture is blinking...

Tv picture is blinking and making a clicking sound. started doing it when bold colors were on screen. Would stop when tv had been on for about 10 minutes. now is continues for a while. Slows down or stops when watching a black and white show. This is a Coby lcd tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

TF TV 4025 is only number I have. About 5 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Only have cable from cable box. Have used WEE game recently and also flashed. Yes I can pull up the tv menu.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Couple of months. I did connect a multi use game switch box possibly about the same time. but only use it when using wee, dvd is connected to box but haven't used it lately.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/14/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please